Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Introducing: David M. Lane, Temple, Texas

What type of photography or art do you do? (For example: portraiture, landscape, still life, oil painting, watercolor, woodwork, sculpture, etc.)

I mostly do digital abstracts and what I call mindscapes. I sometimes spread pigments on canvas or even clay sculpture. Nature photography and photo-manipulation.

What attracts you to this form of expression?

I have a driving need to create so I use what I feel most comfortable with. I like the freedom digital tools give me, but sometime the tactile experiences of paint on canvas or molding clay into something is most enjoyable.

Do you remember the first time that you realized that this was your passion? What brought about that realization?

The fog of many years has dimmed any particular moment. I don't actually view it as a passion, but more of a necessary action, like breathing.

Who do you look up to the most in your field?

We all stand on the shoulders of giants. Monet, the impressionist movement, abstractionism, and expressionist movements.

How has your art or photography changed since that first moment behind the camera or canvas?

The digital revolution has opened up my freedom to express myself in so many ways. Its so enabling.

What do you do to get yourself ready mentally for a photo shoot or an art session?

Nothing special I just go for it.

What is the most interesting piece of artwork or photography that you have created?

I guess you'd have to ask the people who view my art. I have no favorites.

I have art in privates collections on 6 continents. My art may be seen on the web at http://david-lane.artistwebsites.com/

--
David M. Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment